Friday, May 14, 2010

Dear Parents, Not All Rap is Bad

I was listening to the radio the other day when the song "Down" came on by Jay Sean. I've heard it MANY times before... but i was listening to the lyrics...

"Baby don't worry, you are my only. Even if the sky is falling down... Now she my miss America Now can I be her soldier please, I'm fighting for this girl, on the battlefield of love."

Culture these days is all about women's independence, assertiveness, and aggressiveness to go for what we want and fight for it. We're supposed to hold a full time career, ask men out for dates, pay for our meals, open the doors. If not, we're considered weak or submissive.

I don't know about you, girls, but sometimes i just want to be fought for.

There is a deep desire in my soul to be protected, treasured, rescued, comforted, and led... The movies that make me swoon? Song lyrics that make my heart race?
A woman does not have to be weak to be protected; to be fought for.

I'm ready for a generation of male warriors.

I know I'm not alone. There is something in our world that is crying out for the men to step up to their place. To lead, to protect, to conquer, to rescue.


with so much faith,

kylie

1 comment:

  1. I am in support, Kyles! This is good stuff..

    ReplyDelete