Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ashes

It is so easy for me to accept that I am worthy of being covered in ashes.
And by ashes, I mean blackness, darkness, unworthiness, sinfulness.

Abba, bring me out of my darkness.

My instinct is to wallow in how bad I am; in how much of a sinful creature I am; how unworthy I am.

But God does not mark me with ashes to place me in bondage.

Our God is a God of freedom!! Our God saves and draws us up from the wreckage and brings life and healing and righteousness to places of darkness!

Father please, on this day of rememberence of my sinfulness, help to to see how good you are. I want the glory of your love and beauty and righteousness to knock me to the ground. Let my acknowledgment of how dark I am make your light seem even brighter. Let me see what it is like to be blinded by my God.

Bring me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment